Bhramari Pranayama and Sheetali Pranayama
By the practice of Pranayama, a person acquires the ability to destroy his diseases. Pureblood starts circulating in the seventy-two thousand veins of a human being, which is essential for good health. Although there are many types of pranayama, here we will discuss 2 pranayamas, Bhramari Pranayama & Sheetali Pranayama, which household, child, youth, old, men and women can get benefits by doing them conveniently. If you want to learn different types of yoga then you can learn 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India.
Benefits and how to do Bhramari Pranayama-
While doing Bhramari Pranayama, a humming sound is made which is similar to the sound of a bee and a whirlpool. That is why it is called Bhramari Pranayama. It is called Bean Breathing Technique in English.
In ancient times, sages used to learn something from nature. Bhramari Pranayama is learned by observing the whirlpools and the humming sound made by the bee.
Continuous practise of this pranayama gives relief from problems related to the mind, such as anxiety, stress, insomnia and depression etc.
How to do Bhramari Pranayama :
- To do Bhastrika Pranayama, sit in any clean and open environment, Sukhasana or Padmasana.
- Straighten the back and neck.
- Close the eyes and calm the mind.
- Bend both the hands, cover the ear with the thumb and place the first two fingers on the forehead with the index finger.
- Keep both the fingers of the seed under the eyes and the little fingers under the nose.
- Close your mouth and take a deep breath and while exhaling your mother-in-law chant Om through your nose.
- Due to which the sound comes out like the humming sound of a bee.
Bhramari pranayama easy way :
Bhramari Pranayama can also be done by covering the ear only with the thumb.
Note that the ears, eyes and face should not be pressed with the fingers and the time of exhalation should be more than the time of inhalation.
When and how often should Bhramari Pranayama be done?
- Bhramari Pranayama can be done at any time but its greatest benefit is in the morning and evening on an empty stomach.
- This pranayama should be done after a meal or after the first three hours.
- In the beginning, you can do this asana 3 to 4 times. It can be increased to 10 to 15 times if practised.
Benefits of Bhramari Pranayama :
- Bhramari Pranayama is beneficial in increasing concentration, sharp mind and memory power.
- It is considered beneficial in problems like stress, anxiety, insomnia.
- The practise of this pranayama benefits high blood pressure.
- Improves blood circulation in the body.
- Calms anger and calms the mind.
- Digestive system problems and constipation are beneficial.
Precautions of Bhramari Pranayama :
- Bhramari Pranayama should not be done by those people who have low blood pressure.
- This pranayama should not be done if there is any problem with the nose and ears.
- If there is any kind of serious illness, before doing this pranayama, do it under the advice and supervision of a yoga expert.
What is Sheetali Pranayama Benefits and Precautions-
Sheetali Pranayama is considered to be important pranayama to be done in summer. People who have a lot of heat, anger, sweating, disturbed mind and nervous etc. Sheetali Pranayama is beneficial for those people.
What is Sheetali Pranayama?
It is clear from the name of this pranayama that Sheetali means coolness, calmness or coldness. By doing which the body and mind get peace, cold or coolness, it is called Sheetali Pranayama.
Just as the dewdrops in the morning purifies, calms and cools the whole environment, similarly doing this pranayama gives peace and coolness physically and mentally. Therefore it should not be done in cold weather.
How to do Sheetali Pranayama :
- Sit in an open environment for Sheetali Pranayama.
- Padmasana, Sukhasana or Vajrasana can be done sitting.
- Straighten the reed bone, shoulder and neck.
- Keep both hands in Gyan Mudra.
- Calm the mind and release stress.
- Take out the tongue and bend it like a straw or pipe shape.
- The mother-in-law is pulled by the creature. Take the mother-in-law deep and long.
- A mother-in-law can be stopped by applying Jalandharabandha or in general also.
- Now exhale slowly through the nostrils.
- Sheetali pranayama can also be done in this way, closing the sun nostril and exhaling through the moon nostril.
Benefits of Sheetali Pranayama :
- Sheetali pranayama helps in reducing the problem of high blood pressure with continuous practice.
- It is beneficial in problems like burning or heat in the body, hypertension and anger.
- This pranayama is beneficial in curing stress and anxiety.
- Gives benefit in reducing problems like burning in the stomach, heat in the stomach or not digesting food.
- Many diseases arise due to the increase of pitta in the body, with the continuous practise of this pranayama, pitta can be cured.
- Brings glow to the face and body.
- Reduces weight.
- Continuous practise of this pranayama helps in controlling hunger and thirst. By which the problem of weight can be fixed.
- Problems like lethargy and fatigue in the body can be avoided.
Precautions of Sheetali Pranayama :
- Sheetali Pranayama is pranayama done in summer. Due to which it cannot be done in cold weather.
- People who have problems related to breathing or lungs related problems such as asthma, phlegm, cough and cold and cold etc. should not be done.
- People who have heart disease and low blood pressure should not do it.
- Before doing any pranayama and yoga, if there is any kind of problem, then do it only under the advice or supervision of a yoga guru and doctor, so that the right way and benefits can be more.
If you want to learn different types of yoga then you can learn 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India
361 total views, 5 views today